Quality Assurance Officer
- Do you have an aptitude and passion for all things Electronic Design?
- Do you have a BEng (Electronic) or BEng (Computer) qualification?
- Will you be able to excel in a team of designers and still be independent enough to handle smaller projects alone?
- Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external colleagues and clients?
We are currently looking for a junior designer with 2 years’ experience in PCB and firmware design.
What we do:
We design and manufacture collision avoidance systems and vehicle management systems for the mining industry. We have extensive experience in PCB design, firmware design and software design.
We have a strong team of designers and have established building blocks for our products that allow us to quickly respond to client requirements. We continuously develop new products, so all designers get ample opportunity to hone their design skills. We have simple sub-systems as well as very complex solutions, this ensures that there is a place for designers of all different experience levels.
What you will do:
- Design electronics to meet client requirements, using good engineering practices
- Design hardware, embedded firmware and software as per specification
- Define internal interfaces between parts of electronics
- Consider system aspects that may affect electronics, including noise and power distribution.
- Implement designs in hardware
- Implement designs in firmware and software
- Test the hardware; Implement corrections as necessary
- Generate production data packs
- Generate product support documentation
- Maintain existing products in terms of software changes, PCB updates, firmware changes and generate documentation
- Simulations of designs at various levels
- Derive requirements for complex electronics
- Synthesize, place and route, etc. designs
- Program complex electronics
- Test the final hardware; Implement corrections as necessary
- Perform system safety analyses
- Identify if complex electronics can cause a hazard or are part of a hazard control
- Ensure that design errors in complex electronics are considered a failure mode
- Verify safety features and controls are successfully implemented
- Review subsystem requirements for proper decomposition from system requirements
- Ensure development and supporting processes (e.g. Configuration Management, ESD) are in place and followed
- Review choice of parts; Provide guidance on preferred parts
- Ensure electronics are assembled/manufactured to acceptable standards
- Perform or witness testing at various system and subsystem levels
- Ensure software tools used for complex electronic design and programming are archived and controlled
- Ensure complex electronic designs are captured in the Configuration Management system
- Ensure changes to complex electronic designs are reviewed, evaluated for impacts, and approved
- Provide official builds for formal programming/test
- Ensure problem reporting, tracking, and corrective action occurs for the system, including complex electronics
- Assist with the management of information systems and software
- work directly with users to identify and fix configuration issues
- supervise the installation and configuration of computer hardware and software
- conduct ongoing tests on stored and retrieved data to see that the system functions as expected
- Test and update design as required
- Maintain design through the product life cycle
- Generate and maintain data packs for manufacturing, technical testing, in-field installation and commissioning and user information
- Schematic and PCB Design in Altium designer
- Embedded C for STM32 and other microcontrollers
- Implementation of multiple communication protocols (UART, CAN, USB, SPI, RS485 and C# Applications in Visual studio)
- BEng (Electronic) or BEng (Computer)
- Must be able to excel in a team of designers and independent enough to handle smaller projects alone.
- Should be able to follow structure and standards but still be innovative
- Must be able to perform under pressure
- Willingness to work beyond normal office hours when required.
- A professional work environment
- A competitive salary that is negotiable and depending on experience.
If you want to join this successful team, please send your CV along with a brief covering letter (1 document) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality assured. Please note: Only South African citizens, who are suitably qualified and meet the requirements of the position, need apply; only successful short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Job Expiry Date