MERNOK Elektronik (Pty)Ltd welcomes you to our website and respect your right to privacy.
By viewing this website, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information (POPI) disclaimer. Please note that by submitting information via this Website, you consent to the collection, collation, processing, and storing of such information and the use and disclosure of such information.
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you should not use this website.
The Company shall take all reasonable measures to protect the personal information of users and for the purpose of this disclaimer “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) and the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
The PAIA and POPI Acts are available online at www.gov.za/documents/acts.
According to the PAIA and POPI Acts definitions, personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, age, gender, identity number and your email address.
We collect, amongst others, the following personal information:
- personal details, such as your name, email address or telephone number;
- billing information, such as relevant payment information and VAT registration number; and
- legally required information, which includes any additional information that the law requires from us to verify your identity.
The Company collects, stores and uses the User’s information for several purposes:
- To communicate requested information to the User;
- To provide services to the User as requested by the User;
- To authenticate users;
- in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Products and Services;
- to contact Users regarding current or new Products, Features or Services or any other Products offered by Mernok;
Mernok will not disclose the User’s personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- if use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on Mernok, or to protect and defend our rights or property.
- promptly notify Users if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of the User’s personal information;
- upon the User’s request, promptly return or destroy any and all of the User’s personal information in our possession or control, save for that which Mernok are legally obliged to retain;
- undertake to never sell or make the User’s personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this Policy, unless Mernok is compelled to do so by law. Mernok is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it;
- do all things reasonably necessary to protect the User’s rights of Privacy, however, Mernok cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of the User’s personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is as a result of our gross negligence;
Whenever you use Mernok.co.za, contact us electronically or use one of our services, we will collect your personal information. Users agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent the User’s affiliation with anyone or anything.
The Company accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever which may arise as a result of, or which may be attributable directly or indirectly from information made available on these pages or links, or actions or transaction resulting therefrom.
Unless otherwise stated, Mernok owns the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website.
If the User believes that Mernok has not adhered to this policy, need further information about our privacy practices, wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences, access or correct personal information, please contact Mernok at the following numbers/addresses:
Unit 1 Agnone Park, 53 Adriana Crescent, Gateway Business Park, Centurion.
Tel: +27 (12) 661 4828
Cell: +27 (71) 480 4606